Friday 27 July 2012

In Her Voice

Her pain was visible,
It's magnitude was deep,
Her sorrow was in the Air,
I was enveloped in it,
My heart understood her,
As if I'd felt the same way before,
Her emotions were felt when she spoke,
It was in her voice.

She spoke of someone dear,
Someone stolen by death,
I could feel the forever impact,
She was already missing her man,
My tears flowed freely,
Because i felt the same way before,
I was reminded how crushed he left me,
Just listening to her speak,

She prayed to God for strength to carry on,
She Wanted her heart healed,
The scar left in her heart was ugly,
All love scars are it seems,
I found myself praying,
I want to forget the past,
Coz it seems my heart is still crying,
Just like hers.

Things happen for a reason within a season,
That's what they always say,
But i wonder how long my heart will long for the same man,
It's driving me insane,
Every time i remember the day we split ways,
It feels like death took him,
Coz his love for me is dead,
I empathize with her,
I know how it feels to loose the one you love,
I see myself asking God to heal me,
Whenever i hear her speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment