Wednesday 12 September 2012

Light

I'm in shackles and chains,
My limbs are bound,
I'm under heavy surveillance,
My Spirit is pinned to the ground,
I'm surrounded by grimy walls,
Prison Walls that still holds bones of it's former owner in chains,
Solitude is my cell mate,
Her and the lost souls on the walls keep me company,
They torture me without end.


I'm enveloped in darkness,
She is the strongest chain,
She is my Jailer,
The meanest among my fears,
These chains suck the strength i have left,
The cold walls freeze my faith,
Darkness smiles at me,
She's the reason why i sleep with my eyes wide.

In the opposite corner of this dungeon,
Rests a crack in the ceiling,
Streaks of light stream in but remains in one place,
Darkness parts for a moment,
Just to tease my blurry vision of light,
Then she covers my eyes,
And solitude laughs haughtily at me,
She mocks my thirst for light.


I yearn for that little ray of sunshine,
I thirst for it's delight,
I know not when i saw it,
For in here days are nights,
I pray to deaf gods for sunshine,
An ounce of happiness for a while,
The souls in this dungeon urge me to pray louder,
They say I'm a fool for wanting light.

I'm surrounded by sorrow,
Surrounded by pain,
Basking in the little ray of sun is but a dream,
It is something impossible in reality,
I try each day to reach for light,
Despite the doubt solitude speaks i try,
Instead i end up entertaining the demons in this cell,
Who jeer and mock and laugh at my attempts,
I know not my sins,
I know not my crime,
I know naught why i am a prisoner,
Denied the pleasure of light!

2 comments:

QarhMauThaDøn said...

I really love this one... Dark & all. Well done!!!

obeez said...

love it so much...

Post a Comment