Wednesday 23 January 2013

It's A Cycle

I could feel his eyes caressing mine,
He was trying to connect with my soul,
The people around were oblivious of the chemistry happening,
They couldn't hear my heart beating but he could,
He sensed that i still had space in my wretched flesh,
Space that i was unaware of,
I looked away breaking contact,
But i could feel him asking why,
I didn't dare answer him,
My heart is none of his business,
I made a vow never to love again.

I made a vow to move on,
But my will to do so is weak,
My heart is still attached to the past,
It keeps pulling me back to my Ex,
He knows i'm weak,
It excites him,
He knows he can still get the Nookie without effort,
I yearn for his respect,
I want him to give me that special treatment he once gave me,
But i have to come to terms with my expiry date being overdue,
I'm scared of closing the door on my past,
When i do not know what the future holds,
It's amazing how just eye contact with this new guy evoked memories,
Scenes that are embedded with painful feelings,
I will never love again.

He calls out my name,
I can feel desire in his voice,
Desire my soul longs for,
But from the wrong man,
I'm afraid of giving in to him,
I'm afraid he might be like the other guy,
My heart has been hurt a million times,
What if he makes it grow cold this time?
Men are wicked,
I will never love again.



4 comments:

Ndiritumca@gmail.com said...

Makosa ni ya nani? The one who lights the fire or the one who keeps it burning?

Liama Dawn said...

both i guess!

Unknown said...

Mbona ni makosa kuwasha moto?

Liama Dawn said...

ni makosa kuwasha moto na hauna matumizi yake! Unachoma moyo wa yule akupendaye!

Post a Comment