Tuesday 7 May 2013

Heart of Stone (Tanya Stephens Inspired)

If i had one wish I would turn back the hands of time,
Or replace the sands of our time,
Just to love you better,
Cause experience has taught me what it means to love stronger,
But I have a feeling that this desire isn't Mutual,
I have a feeling you don't believe in love,
You never have,
You never will,
Your heart has grown cold,
Heart of stone.

You're a different kind of player,
The kind who makes a woman feel special,
Yet she's just a pit-stop to your final destination,
You use Women to practice,
It's now when i see that I was never your 'wifey',
You are a cruel soul,
Very rotten to the core,
You make hearts grow cold,
Heart of stone.

I thank God i saw through you,
I saw pain and misery,
I tried to see heaven in your eyes like i once did,
But i saw a heart the Devil is afraid to claim,
I'm a fool because i still desire to show you love,
When i know that I'll be on the loosing end,
My love is too weak to change you,
And your heart of stone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Clearly it's been yonks since I read any of your pieces and judging from this one, I can say you've taken a different turn in your stories. Great poem!

Liama Dawn said...

thank you!I Know I can always count on you to read my pieces!

Post a Comment