Saturday 3 August 2013

Teach Me

Teach me how to kiss your lips without getting electrified,
I want to stop my heart from feeling what i feel,
Every time our lips touch,
Your love is wicked,
I now understand Brick and Lace,
Because it baffles me how you can make one madly in love,
Yet remain the same,
Please tell me where to get a heart of stone,
Or teach me how to give cold kisses,
Teach me I beg,
Teach me!

Teach me how to anchor my body, mind and soul,
Like a pagan (bombarded with the word of God) to unbelief,
Coz i find it hard not to be swept off my feet,
When you tell me your sweet lies,
You know how to confuse a heart with your words,
You leave it stuck at a crossroads whereby,
I don't want to hate you,
And i don't want to love you,
So please teach me how to tell sweet lies,
Or get me a heart of stone,
Teach me I beg,
Teach me!

Teach me how to dress my voice,
With pitches that sound like music to the soul,
I want to arrest your attention,
Each time I curve your name in seductive whisper,
Teach me how to make time stand,
Every time i engage our souls in deep conversation when we kiss,
I want to give cold kisses,
I want to tell sweet lies,
Teach me the art of deception,
Or get me a heart of stone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your poetry

QarhMauThaDøn said...

Wow! This piece is simply dope hun. I looooove the choice of words ...

Liama Dawn said...

thank you for reading! It's always a pleasure.

Anonymous said...

i like that.....ad like to be taught that 2.it could go a long way......

Post a Comment