Tuesday 19 November 2013

Strangers


Introductions were in order,
Conversations were flirtatious,
A spark flamed up,
I couldn’t stop thinking of you,

Questions were answered,
Honesty displayed for the first time,
It was a dangerous thing to trust you,
But part of me wanted to be seen,

You said the right things,
You said them at the right time in the right way,
“I can do this” I told myself,
So I broke a vow to do No Strings Attached,

It started with a kiss and a tease,
You had courtesy, you said please,
You put my mind and body at Ease,
For your lovin’ I’d get down on my Knees,


The walls knew our secret,
The sheets burned in our passion,
The Neighbors got familiar when they saw me,
I couldn’t stop coming for more,

Don’t kiss, don’t tell,
The only rule in our game,
I kept to the rule you made,
Then why couldn’t I have you when I wanted you?

I guess I got a bit selfish,
It happens when you find something you like,
Good thing I don’t cling to things,
Besides there were bitches waiting in line,

I didn’t tell anybody,
No one knew that skins rubbed,
I was on my best behavior,
Treated you like a stranger on these streets,



Now part of me says STOP!
I just realized that I drowned in temptation,
I wanna stop playing under covers,

I wanna treat you like a stranger for real.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope this is not how all discrete relations end up. Sucks. It's not easy pretending. Well-in.

Liama Dawn said...

thank you for reading! please share!

Post a Comment