Sunday 8 June 2014

Running

Midnight buzz,
Temporary addiction,
Lover in disguise,
I’ve seen your soul and you’ve seen mine,
That’s why I’m running,
Why are you running?

I spoke my mind,
You put up your poker face,
Teach me how to maintain mine,
Each time I excuse your hands,
I’m addicted to your loving,
Remember me saying I could be problematic,
When sessions with you don’t come automatic?
So I’m running,
Should I run faster?

Dirty messages,
Sending them to you used to be a hobby,
I used to call you Daddy,
Didn’t mind being a fool,
Now youz just a “used to,”
I wanna list you as reference,
I need a “Mr. used to” to say something ‘bout the things I’m used to,
When I submit my resume where I’m running to,
You have me running,
How far have you run away?

The phone rings,
“Mr. Used to” be on the line,
My heart beats faster,
Knees get weak,
The phone melts in my hand when I hear him speak,
“Are you free tonight? Can you come over?” he asks,
With a mind of its own my lips whisper a faint “yes!”
They long to taste his skin again,
And drink from his lips,
He’s got me running back to him,
If I was the one in need would he run back?

No comments:

Post a Comment